424 East 9th Street, New York, NY, 10009
Enchantments is a local gem and a rare find in the New York City occult and pagan landscape. This magick shop nestled in a quiet corner of the East Village has been operating since 1982, making it the oldest occult store in Manhattan.
At Enchantments you can find a variety of products for your magical needs, below are a list of some of what they have to offer. You can walk in, order on line, or pick up your made to order candles, incense, oils and the like.
Besides an assortment of magical tools, occult knowledge, and divination products Enchantments also offer tarot and astrology reading,s as well as occasional evening workshops. You can call into the store to see what they have coming up on the calendar, or get yourself on their mailing list (their online calendar is not always up to date).
The staff are very well versed on the art of magick and an array of metaphysical topics, so if you’re a beginner and need advice on products or how to’s on spells the staff will help you find the right supplies. Don’t be shy to ask for their advice, but beware, they don’t prescribe to the typical consumer mentality of ‘customer is always right’ / ‘service with a smile’, so come in with an open mind, a friendly attitude, and a touch of humility.
What you can find:
- Herbs (pre made blend or individual)
- Resins (custom made, pre made blends or individual)
- Incense (pre made blends or individual)
- Candles, colored, magic sets, carved, or plain in an assortment of colors (custom made, pre made blends or individual)
- Tarot and angel card decks
- Statues, Idols, and all thinks for your alter
- Books on occult, herbs, goddess, Wicca, witchcraft, tarot, astrology, esoteric, channeling and a range of other topics in the spiritual arena
- Ouija bags for protection, love, luck etc
- Hand made bath and body products
- Caldrons, candle holders, incense burners, chalices, wands and the like
- Essential oils and fragrances (custom made, pre made blends or individual)
- Jewelry and talisman
(Images from Enchantments website ,www.enchantmentsincnyc.com)